[plt-scheme] Continuation marks question

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Sat May 12 18:36:20 EDT 2007

At Sat, 12 May 2007 11:34:39 -0700, John Clements wrote:
> WRT the parameterization key: perhaps it would be possible to add to
> mzscheme a "with-parameterization-key" form that uses the
> specified ...  hmm, that would pretty much destroy the security of
> parameters used by called modules.

Right. Exposing the parameterization key would break most uses of
parameters for "security", because a called function could look for a
more capable parameterization in an older part of the continuation.
Getting mark values independent of access to keys is the same, only
worse.

I don't have any ideas other than the ones put forward already. It's
possible that we could do something with inspectors, as Robby suggests,
but I don't know offhand how/whether it would work.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.