[plt-scheme] Are new Schemers supposed to be reading SRFIs?

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Fri May 11 10:16:55 EDT 2007

On 5/11/07, Dave Gurnell <d.j.gurnell at gmail.com> wrote:
> For my 2 cents, I think numbered libraries make Scheme look a bit old
> fashioned, and I don't see a problem with using names instead... Java
> and .Net both get away with it nicely.

Just in case this point wasn't clear: Java and .Net have centralized
control of what goes into the standard libraries. We do too -- and
those aren't numbered. SRFIs, on the other hand, are not under any
kind of centralized control. There is a process for making them, but
anyone can do it.

FWIW.

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.