[plt-scheme] File synchronization and saving plugin interest?

From: Grant Rettke (grettke at acm.org)
Date: Thu May 10 11:52:03 EDT 2007

On 5/10/07, Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:
> On May 10, Grant Rettke wrote:
> > > * Auto-saving when losing focus sounds dangerous.  In some
> > >   platforms, it is enough to move the mouse for the focus to
> > >   change.
> >
> > Please elaborate on this
>
> On some window managers on linux the focus follows the mouse.  This
> means that in one run, my cat can mess up the file (by jumping on the
> keyboard), and save it (by moving the mouse).

Ok I see :)

What is the typical DrScheme approach for this kind of happening:

Multiple-undo? Commit to your repo a lot? Have a heart to heart talk
with kitty about jumping on the keyboard?

I fall into the commit frequently camp, but you know, that is not a
cover-all solution.

Posted on the users mailing list.