[plt-scheme] Module loader behaves more permissively in DrScheme than mzscheme?

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Mon May 7 23:00:26 EDT 2007

At Mon, 7 May 2007 22:51:17 -0400 (EDT), Danny Yoo wrote:
> Under DrScheme, it appears that the module name resolver automagically
> sees "sqli.ss", and back-translates it back to "sqli.scm".

I'm pretty sure that MzScheme behaves the same bad way. It's the
`load/use-compiled' layer, which doesn't find "sqli.scm", but does find
"compiled/sqli.zo", and so it uses the ".zo" file (under the assumption
that someone supplies only bytecode, and not source).

I'd like to fix this, but I'm not sure how to fix it without changing
lots of pieces...

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.