[plt-scheme] Project Euler

From: Richard Cleis (rcleis at mac.com)
Date: Sat May 5 17:45:49 EDT 2007

> [... snip]

>> After all, programs are mathematical constructs (which happen to
>> execute) built by people. The building of programs requires some
>> mathematical understanding even if the writer does not realize it.
>> Perhaps, it is time to think of mathematics as programming. Now,
>> that would be a cool paradigm shift!
>
> We have worked on this shift for 12 years. See "rebels with a
> cause" for example.
>
> My first NSF proposal on TS!/PLT was "replacing mathematics with
> programming." You can imagine where that got me then

What is "Rebels with a Cause?"  My Google searches are hammered with
a Hacktivism book.

How literal is the phrase "replacing mathematics with programming?"

Regarding students who are afraid of mathematics...  What is the
reason that they study computer science?

rac

"We don't know a millionth of one percent about anything."
   --   Thomas Edison