[plt-scheme] dynamically reload servlet on file change?

From: Jay McCarthy (jay.mccarthy at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 27 16:46:52 EDT 2007

This is not done in the server. (However, you can goto /conf/refresh-servlets.)

This is not done for a design reason: Suppose some servlet has
persistent data, for example a database or a log. If the servlet is
reloaded, then the persistent data is reloaded as well.

It is possible, however, that this behavior would be reasonable for
some servlets. Given that, it would relatively easy to write a generic
`file watcher' and give it a thunk to execute on changes. Such a thunk
could make a GET request on the refresh-servles URL, which could be
modified to be more granular.

Jay

Jay McCarthy <jay.mccarthy at gmail.com>
http://jay.teammccarthy.org