[plt-scheme] Are web cells space-safe?

From: Alessandro Colomba (acolomba at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Mar 23 19:59:12 EDT 2007

Jay,

Thank you for your clarifications; they are very helpful. Please see
my comments below.

On 3/23/07, Jay McCarthy <jay.mccarthy at gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> That's not exactly true. When a continuation is reaped, then the
> parent frame of the child frame that would be created for it has one
> less live path to it. So, eventually the frames are garbaged collected
> as continuations expire. But, if you go with the mindset that
[...]

I'm afraid I was not very precise in my original formulation. I meant
to confirm that, as long as any one continuation is not expired, the
chain from the frame it wraps to the root frame is uninterrupted, even
if the continuations wrapping the individual frames in the chain have
been garbage collected.

The rest of your message seems to imply that is indeed the case.

In general, is there any particular reason web cells are not yet a
documented feature in PLT? I understand that they work very well for
CONTINUE, and, from my perspective, they fill a need often
communicated by SISCweb users.

Are there any gotchas I should keep in mind?

Thank you,
___
Alessandro

Posted on the users mailing list.