[plt-scheme] issues using planet, digest.plt, crypto.plt

From: Daniel Yoo (dyoo at cs.wpi.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 22 22:37:22 EDT 2007

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007, Yin-So Chen wrote:

> I am attempting to use digest.plt & crypto.plt through planet and
> encountered some issues (p.s. I don't know if there is another forum for
> these types of issues - let me know if that's the case, thanks), I am
> using PLT 360 on Windows XP SP2.
>
>>  (require (planet "digest.ss" ("soegaard" "digest.plt" 1 2))) ; doesn't
> work
> require: PLaneT could not find the requested package: Server had no matching
> package: No package matched the specified criteria in: (planet "digest.ss"
> ("soegaard" "digest.plt" 1 2))

Hi Yin-So,

That particular version of digest.ss appears to depend on PLT 369.8, and
since you have PLT 360, the system isn't loading it.  In that sense,
PLaneT is doing its job, but the issue is that it's not giving a nice
error message that says why it's not able to use that version of the
digest.plt library.

>>  (require (planet "crypto.ss" ("vyzo" "crypto.plt" 1 0))) ; missing
> definition
> . C:\...\planet\300\360\cache\vyzo\crypto.plt\1\0\digest.ss:75:26: expand:
> unbound variable in module in: ptr-add

Unfortunately, that package wasn't marked similarly to how digest.plt was:
it should have been marked with the note that it uses features in PLT
369.8: that's when the PTR-ADD function was added:

     http://download.plt-scheme.org/chronology/mzmr369.8.html

Unfortunately, crypto.plt probably won't work for PLT 360 without some
porting effort.  If you're adventurous, you may want to try out a nightly
PLT build at:

     http://pre.plt-scheme.org/

Best of wishes!

Posted on the users mailing list.