[plt-scheme] Scrollbar/Panel Graphical Toolbox

From: Rainer Gross (rainer_gross at gmx.net)
Date: Thu Mar 22 21:07:13 EDT 2007

Thanks for the answers.

While I am working on a workaround I ran into another problem which
you probably could explain to me.

I red in the MrEd doc that the get-x and y methods can return
negative numbers. So I asumed that I can give them nagative
coordinates. But to my surprise the place-children method is
restricted to return positive numbers. Since the place-children
method is the only way to define coordinates of elements I wonder how
could it be possible that get-x returns negative numbers.

Is there another way to define the position of an element in a
container?

Thanks in advance

Rainer

On Mar 22, 2007, at 8:40 PM, Matthew Flatt wrote:

> At Wed, 21 Mar 2007 23:36:06 -0400, "Carl Eastlund" wrote:
>> From what I understand, these
>> limitations arise because DrScheme is multiplatform and can only
>> provide GUI features that would work equally well in the toolkits
>> used
>> on all platforms.
>
> That's essentially right. Even when the underlying GUI toolbox on each
> platform supports a particular kind of widget, it's a matter of
> fitting
> it consistently into MrEd's layer.
>
> Long long ago, panels did have scrollbars in MrEd, but they didn't
> work
> well on all platforms, and so I disabled them. Restoring panel
> scrolling is high on the list of improvements I'd like to make.
>
> At Wed, 21 Mar 2007 23:06:27 -0400, Rainer Gross wrote:
>> FIRST
>> I would like to include in a form a scrollbar widget to control  some
>> data shown by the form with this scrollbar. But I was looking for a
>> scrollbar widget in the documentation with out any luck.
>>
>> Is there a way to display a scrollbar? For now I am using a slider
>> control which provides more or less the action I require but it's
>> quite wired from a users point of view.
>
> I'm curious about this one. Adding a scrollbar widgets is relatively
> easy, but I had not previously seen a use for it other than an
> abuse as
> a slider. Can you tell me more about your GUI?
>
> Thanks,
> Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.