[plt-scheme] web-server: saving memory in file uploads

From: Dave Gurnell (d.j.gurnell at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Mar 21 11:50:23 EDT 2007

Dear Schemers,

I've been doing a lot of work with file uploads to the web-server
using Jay's LRU continuation manager. I've noticed that when people
upload large files:

     - the files are loaded into memory as part of the request object;
     - the high memory usage causes the LRU manager to collect all
(older) continuations.

This is bad because our users are frequently getting expired pages.

Is there any way to save memory in file uploads (e.g. can the web-
server represent uploaded files as input-ports or save them to the
file system)?

Cheers,

-- Dave

Posted on the users mailing list.