[plt-scheme] Re: DrScheme/HelpDesk menu fonts

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz (jao at gnu.org)
Date: Tue Mar 20 07:27:19 EDT 2007

Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu> writes:

> You should be able to add a line in "~/.plt-scheme/plt-prefs.ss". For
> example,
>
>  (|MrEd:controlFontSize| 32)
>
> would change the menu (and button, etc.) font size to 32.

Thanks Matthew, that works.

On a related note, i've been giving DrScheme a serious try during the
last days and must say i'm impressed: although i still prefer emacs
for source editing, DrScheme's debugger, syntax checker and macro
stepper are just awesome: my kudos to the PLT team!

Which leds me to a question: i find myself switching between emacs for
editing and DrScheme for REPLing, which means frequent use of
File->Revert: is there a (hidden?) auto-revert option? if there isn't
one, would it be difficult to add it (maybe as an extension)? Or, come
to think of it, what about an extension allowing DrScheme to serve
command requests from a remote client a la Slime/Swank? (maybe this is
overkill, but if it's not too difficult to implement i could give it a
try just for fun and as a way to learn a bit about DrScheme's
implementation).

Thanks,
jao
--
A man has to live with himself, and he should see to it that he always has
good company. -Charles Evans Hughes, jurist (1862-1948)