[plt-scheme] TypedScheme and the class.ss library

From: Carl Eastlund (cce at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 19 10:57:30 EDT 2007

On 3/18/07, Henk Boom <lunarc.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have just started using scheme this past winter, and I am really
> enjoying it. The one thing that always made me slightly uncomfortable,
> though, is the dynamic typing. Imaging my glee in hearing about
> TypedScheme, which looks exactly like what I want.

Henk, as TypedScheme is a new project, if it doesn't have what you're
looking for yet you might want to look into the contracts library.
It's a more mature library, and while it's still dynamic checks as
opposed to static it can serve some of the functions of a type system:
ensuring that data is well-formed before certain errors arise and
helping you debug the problem when it's not.  Also, there are
contracts for objects, though I don't have any direct experience with
using them.

In the meantime, good luck with TypedScheme.

--
Carl Eastlund