[plt-scheme] Unix domain sockets

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Sun Mar 18 20:49:47 EDT 2007

At Wed, 14 Mar 2007 15:01:50 -0600, Jamie Briggs wrote:
> Is there any particular reason why mzscheme does not support Unix domain
> sockets?

Lack of demand, so far as I knew.

> If there was no philosophic or thorny tecnnical reason why support
> hasn't been included I would consider putting support in and submitting
> a patch.  I am new to the plt scheme community (and scheme in general
> for that matter) so if someone could enlighten me on the proper and
> acceptable way of going about this I would appreciate it.

Ideally, I'd like to see this as an FFI-based module distributed via
Planet.

But it may be significantly easier to add this directly to MzScheme,
since there's already a lot of socket support built in. I'm certainly
willing to consider a patch. (Just send it to me.)

Thanks,
Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.