[plt-scheme] Unix domain sockets

From: Jamie Briggs (jamie.briggs at shaw.ca)
Date: Wed Mar 14 17:01:50 EDT 2007

Is there any particular reason why mzscheme does not support Unix domain
sockets?

I am looking at implementing a message hub using mzscheme where
processes on a single machine can connecto to the hub and pass messages
to other attached processes.  This is on a linux system so using Unix
domain sockets seemed an obvious mechanism, but I am definitely open to
alternatives.

If there was no philosophic or thorny tecnnical reason why support
hasn't been included I would consider putting support in and submitting
a patch.  I am new to the plt scheme community (and scheme in general
for that matter) so if someone could enlighten me on the proper and
acceptable way of going about this I would appreciate it.

- Jamie

Posted on the users mailing list.