[plt-scheme] Problem with compiled file dependencies

From: Paulo J. Matos (pocm at soton.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Mar 13 14:53:21 EDT 2007

On 3/12/07, Paulo J. Matos <pocm at soton.ac.uk> wrote:
> On 3/10/07, Paulo J. Matos <pocm at soton.ac.uk> wrote:
> >
> > So, even though I have bar.dep and bar.zo compiled in, this still
> > happens. Now, this is not a result I would expect. Possible bug?
> >

> Well, the only workaround I found up until now was to soft link
> bar.scm into compiled/ which is surely an unwanted workaround, with
> bar.zo in compiled/ there should be no reason for this to happen. So
> I'm open to suggestions since I couldn't found a clean way out of this
> one. :)

I think the problem is now solved.
I needed to setup current-load-relative-directory to
/home/pmatos/test/ and then
> (dynamic-require "foo.zo" 'foo-test)
#<procedure:foo-test>

works. It seems to be able to go and find foo.zo in compiled subdir,
which is nice. :)
The solution was after all what robby initially suggested. mzc -k and
setting the parameter.

Thank you,
Paulo Matos

Paulo Jorge Matos - pocm at soton.ac.uk