[plt-scheme] License question

From: hendrik at topoi.pooq.com (hendrik at topoi.pooq.com)
Date: Sat Mar 10 08:10:53 EST 2007

On Sat, Mar 10, 2007 at 06:14:46AM -0600, Robby Findler wrote:
> I'm certain that none of us would even consider hanging, drawing, or
> quartering for that. In fact, we tried to pick a license that would
> allow you to avoid abuse of any kind for using our software in a
> commercial setting.
>
> Robby

Some musings I've seen from the FSF (I believe it was from
Stallman himself) indicated that although an interpreted program is not
considered linked to the interpreter, if it uses the interpreter to
access libraries, then the interpreted program might be considered
linked to those libraries.

The clearest LGPL variant I've seen for permitting commercial use is the
wxwindows license:

http://wxwidgets.org/about/newlicen.htm
http://wxwidgets.org/about/licence3.txt

It may be too late to track down all the contributors to get approval
for a license change, but you might want to consider the wxwindows
license for new code.

-- hendrik