[plt-scheme] current-eval proc should receive syntax object, but doesn't

From: Paulo J. Matos (pocm at soton.ac.uk)
Date: Sat Mar 3 09:00:26 EST 2007

Hello all,

I'm working on DrScheme 369.8-svn28feb2007 (which is pretty recent). I
wonder if this is a bug, and if yes if it has been fixed already or if
it is just me doesn't what I'm not supposed to.
(module test mzscheme

  (define myeval
    (lambda (datum)
      "buu"))

  (current-eval (lambda (x) (myeval (syntax-object->datum x))))

  )

I get:
syntax-object->datum: expects argument of type <syntax>; given
(current-namespace (module->namespace 'test))

Since docs say:
(current-eval [proc]) gets or sets a procedure that takes an
expression -- in the form of syntax object, S-expression, compiled
expression, or compiled expression wrapped in a syntax object -- and
returns the expression's value (or values; see section 2.2).

I guess that applying syntax-object->datum to x would always work.

Paulo Jorge Matos - pocm at soton.ac.uk
http://www.personal.soton.ac.uk/pocm
PhD Student @ ECS
University of Southampton, UK