[plt-scheme] Problems installing on cygwin

From: nanothief (nanothief at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 27 03:11:31 EDT 2007

> I'm not sure of the problem, but does it work if you leave out
> --enable-shared?

Leaving that out fixes the missing libraries problems, but another
problem appeared. I got an error:
   open-input-output-file: cannot open output file:
"/usr/local/plt/bin/mzscheme.exe" (No such file or directory; errno=2)
but in the bin folder there was a mzscheme file (but without the .exe
extensions). Also, it appeared to be working correctly, ie the mzscheme
interpreter worked and accepted commands such as (+ 3 4) and (define x 2).
I tried copying mzscheme to mzscheme.exe, and make installing again, but
I got another error:
./mzschemecgc -mvqu "./collects-path.ss"
"/usr/local/plt/bin/mzscheme.exe" /usr/local/plt/lib/plt/collects
set-collects-path: cannot find collection-path label in executable file

However, I'm not sure if I am missing anything because the make install
failed. As I said before, the mzscheme executable appears to be working
(although I do not know enough scheme to do a more complete test on it
other than the basic (+ 3 4) style commands).

Another thing, in the README.txt it states:
To compile with Cygwin tools, follow the Unix instructions below, and be
sure to configure with --enable-shared. The result is a Unix-style
build, not a Windows-style build (e.g., MzScheme's `system-type'
procedure returns 'unix, not 'windows, and MrEd uses X11).

I'm not sure if not following these directions will cause problems down
the track.

Posted on the users mailing list.