[plt-scheme] EOPL pre-requisites?

From: Matt Jadud (jadudm at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 20 04:42:37 EDT 2007

On 6/20/07, Shriram Krishnamurthi <sk at cs.brown.edu> wrote:
> > It looks like *the* book out there is Essentials of Programming Languages.
>
> There are other players in town.  Let me not-so-humbly suggest that a
> significant competitor is PLAI:

I wanted to say that I'm very pleased that you published PLAI the way
you did. I read "Books as Software" some time ago, and skimmed it
again just now. Having access to the book as text (on-demand) or a PDF
for a fee (both from Lulu), or freely from the website---all under a
CC license---is excellent. While some may say it is a dangerous/gutsy
move for one reason or another, my suspicion is it will become more
and more commonplace over the next 5-10 years.

Either way, I just thought I'd say 'kudos' for the method as well as
the content.

(Actually, I suppose HtDP helped pave the way in some respects. Either
way, kudos all around.)

Cheers,