[plt-scheme] javascript ui wrapper

From: kanishka (nish2575 at yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Jun 17 13:15:09 EDT 2007

To the plt web server user(s),

Looking to see if anyone has started an wrapper for using one of the
javascript ui widget kits?

I know the chances are slim, but even if someone has just started to
develop such a library, I would be interested in reading it. I'm
picturing something as follows:

-make use of jay's scheme to js library. (jay mentioned making use of
the original library by herman, but since herman's documentation
doesn't mention how to do that, that would require me either read jay's
implementation or dig deeper into herman's source code)

-write scheme wrappers for the some of the key classes (reminiscent of
mred's wrapper for wxwin)

-have an initialize library function that accepts a javascript
accumulator

-at the end of creating the page, output the accumulator in the
response possible somewhere at end of page in

(html

(div ((id "js")) ,@(accum 'output) )

in my few days of playing around, i found "ext" to be my ideal toolkit.
dojo was too buggy. yui alone was too minimal. i haven't done enough
research to see what else is out there.

kanishka

"in this endless race for property and privilege to be won,
we must run, we must run, we must run"

Posted on the users mailing list.