[plt-scheme] DrScheme Window Width

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Sat Jun 16 10:39:46 EDT 2007

On 6/15/07, Jaime Vargas <jev at mac.com> wrote:
>  Wouldn't be better to decouple the split the toolbar in top and bottom
> ones? That way you can still have the controls in the top part while
> hiding the problematic bottom part.

The top part also limits the width. Its narrower than the bottom, but
still can be a factor.

> Another idea would be to make the long name use ellipsis when the
> window get shrunk. This is the way OSX interface handles long names.

Great idea. I've committed something in SVN so that the minimum width
of the language's name is the width of the words "programming
languages" above it and otherwise uses an ellipsis, etc.

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.