[plt-scheme] create complex object @ compile time but made available @ run time?

From: YC (yinso.chen at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 13 16:09:16 EDT 2007

On 6/13/07, Robby Findler <robby at cs.uchicago.edu> wrote:

> > It is kind of a combination of two intended aspects of the design of
> > the PL. One: structs should be generative, so that no one can fake
> > anyone else's structs. Two: modules should be separately compilable,
> > which means that you have to have separate instantiations of modules
> > used at compile time (which are then discarded). The second one is
> > what's covered in the paper mentioned above.

Right - my point is that the combo is probably unexpected (even both work as
intended), although the thread Ryan alluded to shows this is a known issue
for a while.

> I'm not sure that there isn't a better pair of designs out there that
> > interact better, tho.

Understood - just want to raise this as something that other schemers might
find useful in the future (and hopefully someone finds it an interesting
puzzle to solve)... for now I will just go back to the old ways.

Thanks,
yc