[plt-scheme] create complex object @ compile time but made available @ run time?

From: YC (yinso.chen at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 13 15:54:28 EDT 2007

On 6/13/07, Ryan Culpepper <ryanc at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:

> It will work at the repl, yes. But if you put the code in a module and
> try to compile the file, the compiler will reject it. So that technique
> isn't suitable for use in a PLaneT package, for example. Search the
> archives for "3-D syntax" for more information.

Found the thread - I thought I might have been the first to come across this
issue, guess not :)

I tried to wrap all code into modules and run the file via mzscheme -r and
it works, but also test out compilation and got the following:

C:\\Local\PLT-370\>mzc.exe --exe test.exe baw.scm
mzc v370 [3m], Copyright (c) 2004-2007 PLT Scheme Inc.
write: cannot marshal constant that is embedded in compiled code:
#<struct-type:
foo>

 === context ===

Yup - verified.

You do get points for creativity, though :)

Haha ;)