[plt-scheme] PLT Scheme 4.0, Scribble, and PLaneT

From: Williams, M. Douglas (M.DOUGLAS.WILLIAMS at saic.com)
Date: Wed Jun 13 10:51:00 EDT 2007

I've been looking at Scribble and plan to move the documentation for my
collections to it in preparation to the future release of PLT Scheme
4.0.  I do have a few questions (or maybe they are suggestions) about
any planned interconnection with PLaneT.

Today, when I release a collection under PLaneT, it is automatically
compiled when it is downloaded.  Are there any plans to have PLaneT
automatically generate the Help Desk documentation from the Scribble
source at download?  That would provide a nice source only distribution
mechanism that included the collection documentation.

What external tools are required for Scribble?  At first glance it seems
to generate TeX and would require the TeX tools.  Will such tools be
available in a consistent manner across all of the various platforms on
which PLT Scheme runs?

Is there a good way for those of us with significant collections and
accompanying documentation to help?

Doug