[plt-scheme] keyword arguments (in v4.0, maybe)

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 12 19:34:50 EDT 2007

At Tue, 12 Jun 2007 18:23:19 -0500, "Robby Findler" wrote:
> I guess that only having optional keyword arguments would be strange
> (and would lead to endless "why don't you have ..." questions on
> mailing lists like this one ;).

I don't know. That might be a fine point in the design space.

In my use of `lambda/kw', I have wished for a form that made keywords
required, in the sense that failing to provide a keyword argument in an
application would trigger an exception. Simply making the default
default-value expression raise an exception, though, would have been
good enough for my purposes.

It would simplify `procedure?', `procedure-arity', and
keyword-procedure-arity', and eliminate the need for
`keyword-procedure?'.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.