[plt-scheme] Please share your comments on the pros and cons, of mzscheme + EMACS

From: Prabhakar Ragde (plragde at uwaterloo.ca)
Date: Thu Jun 7 10:17:32 EDT 2007

I had been living in Emacs for more than a decade, using it for mail,
newsgroups, and general-purpose editing, when I first used DrScheme to
write my first Scheme program. Four years later, I still have not used
Emacs to write a Scheme program, even though I use it daily. It probably
helps that many of the common Emacs keystrokes which I use without
thinking are prebound to the right actions in DrScheme's editor, but if
they weren't, I could easily configure DrScheme to accept them.

I think that many people who use mzscheme + Emacs do so because they
first used other Scheme interpreters that didn't come with as nice a
tool as DrScheme, and having gotten used to putting Emacs on top of
those interpreters, they found it easier to continue to do that with
mzscheme. If you want to make Emacs your editor of choice, go ahead, but
don't do it as a replacement for DrScheme. --PR

Posted on the users mailing list.