[plt-scheme] What does the collapse key command do?

From: Robert Nikander (nikander at nc.rr.com)
Date: Mon Jul 30 11:10:25 EDT 2007

On Jul 29, 2007, at 1:01 PM, Grant Rettke wrote:
> What does the balence-parens key command do?

It's bound to ), ], and } right?  It means that hitting any of those  
keys doesn't necessarily insert that character.  Instead, it is smart  
enough to insert ), ], or } as appropriate, to balance the previous  
(, [, or {.

> Collapse (c:r)

I don't have that one.

> collapse-space (m:space)

Type on one line:

a       b

Then move the cursor to somewhere between the "a" and the "b", hit  
Esc-Space or Meta-Space, and it should collapse the space to:

a b


Posted on the users mailing list.