[plt-scheme] sqlite.plt seg faults with 370

From: Keith Frost (keith.l.frost at gmail.com)
Date: Sat Jul 28 14:05:56 EDT 2007

On 7/27/07, Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:
> On Jul 27, Keith Frost wrote:
> > I tried this -- but it didn't seem to help, and given that I didn't
> > think that the space for the pointer was getting GC'd anyway, I
> > wasn't too surprised that it didn't.  So, in theory at least, there
> > isn't anything I need to do to protect the memory malloc'd by
> > sqlite3 from getting messed up by the garbage collector?
>
> No, the danger is not that it will be GCed -- it's that a GC moves the
> pointer to a different place, so it might be that sqlite now has a
> pointer that is no longer valid.
> If it happens when there's lots of data, then it is probably a result
> of the GC moving pointers.  (But I cannot say much more...)

Thank you for this explanation -- the light is starting to dawn.  I
really need to go through the library with a fine-tooth comb and pin
down every pointer that sqlite might expect to stay put.  I'll let you
(& the list) know later how this turns out...

Thanks,

Keith F.

Posted on the users mailing list.