[plt-scheme] How many sockets can be open?

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jul 23 05:29:19 EDT 2007

There are various OS limits on the total number of file descriptors,
and the file descriptors per process.  We document the issue on Linux
here:

http://www.untyped.com/untyping/archives/2006/10/debugging_file.html

Sorry I can't help with the specifics for OS X, but I imagine the
situation is similar.  First thing to do is try the limit or ulimit
commands in your shell (command varies by shell).  If that doesn't
work hit Google to find the magic.

N.

On 7/23/07, Erich Rast <erich at snafu.de> wrote:
> Around 100 maximum simultaneous connections seems to be a rather low
> number. Does anyone have an idea what may cause this? Is it the
> threads, the readers, or the socket connections themselves? Is it an
> OS issue?

Posted on the users mailing list.