[plt-scheme] Profiling Issues

From: Paulo J. Matos (pocm at soton.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Jul 18 10:15:52 EDT 2007

Hello all,

I'm trying to profile a program but I'm having some issues:
1 - I can't resize the profile window where the profile table is shown;
2 - Can't print the table in the window which is quite big;
3 - I have a testcase which basically is a macro which expands to
several function calls and starts a model checking procedure, when I
do the profile I get a few functions on the table but not all
functions I defined, and some lines just have <<unknown>>:x.y, can't I
have the real function name, or these correspond to anonymous function
calls?
4 - The table seems to be organized in lines of two function calls. I
mean, it shows up two filled lines, then a blank one, more two filled
line, another blank one... why is this?
5 - Some of the functions which take most time are identified as
loop13214... this doesn't help much and the files where these
functions are located are opened but they don't get coloured. Any idea
why? I'm using subversion from July 9th, rev 6874 running on linux.

Can someone help with these issues?

Cheers,

Paulo Jorge Matos - pocm at soton.ac.uk
http://www.personal.soton.ac.uk/pocm