[plt-scheme] Dealing with new DrScheme file format

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Sun Jul 15 21:08:21 EDT 2007

On Jul 15, R. Emre Ba$,1 (Bar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to write an automated syntax checker for student project
> submissions (in python). Currently I'm using pyscheme parser for
> scheme and I use wxme-to-text script to convert the WXME formatted
> files to plain text, and feed it to the parser. It works for
> versions up to 360 but since version 370 changed the file format, I
> am unable to check the files with 370 format.
>
> Is there a simple way to convert the new scheme file format to
> ordinary plain text (in an automated fashion, of course)? Or is it
> possible to use DrScheme's syntax checker to check these?

I'm not sure I follow what you're trying to do.  The wxme-to-text
script that I wrote still works with v370 files.

The result, however, has a `#reader' line that DrScheme uses to save
its settings -- like case sensitivity, installed teachpacks etc.
Perhaps this is what you're having problems with?  If so, then an
obvious solution would be to switch from python to mzscheme, which
will make parsing the Scheme code as trivial as `read'.