[plt-scheme] MrEd Designer 2.1

From: Erich Rast (erich at snafu.de)
Date: Mon Jul 9 12:10:38 EDT 2007

>  If you have seen a tool like this please let me know.

Bindings in REALbasic work in a similar way. You drag and drop
connections between GUI elements and select a binding such as "show
static text if checkbox is selected", "enable text field when button
is pressed", or "populate listbox with data from a database object".
Back when I was still using RB, they were advertising this feature a
lot but almost nobody used it, and writing custom bindings was
cumbersome. (That is not supposed to say that I don't like the
approach in general or in MrEd Designer.)

MrEd Designer is a great tool. Thanks a lot! I'd love to see a visual
scheme IDE some day that makes interface design as easy as in RB.

One feature suggestion: You could provide a way to add custom
interface elements via some sort of plugins.

Regards,

Erich

Posted on the users mailing list.