[plt-scheme] Parentheses and color

From: Ryan Newton (newton at mit.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 3 23:59:32 EDT 2007

> Of course. But some users will only write a few lines of scheme code
> in their lives, and they don't necessarily know the shortcuts you
> cited above.

This has incidentally been an eye opener to me as well!  I didn't
know about the  `M-(' keystroke --- and I've programmed in Scheme all
my life (and frequently in Drscheme).

In fact, the balanced parentheses mode in emacs (balanced.el) has
been the main thing holding me back from using DrScheme for writing
code as well as for debugging.  Now if I can only remap the keys so
that the balanced insertions are the default...

I do, however, still think toggling an enforced balanced mode (like
balanced.el -- i.e. you can't delete one parenthesis by itself, you
may only delete the null list) would be a useful feature if anyone
felt like implementing it.

-Ryan