[plt-scheme] Web Hosting on PLT Scheme Web Server?

From: Grant Rettke (grettke at acm.org)
Date: Wed Jul 4 12:03:29 EDT 2007

On 7/3/07, Dave Gurnell <d.j.gurnell at gmail.com> wrote:
> IMO the web server uses too much RAM to make this kind of setup cost
> effective. Note that I'm not taking Jay's work on serializable
> continuations into account because I don't know how mature the
> technology is.

The challenge here comes if everyone wants a high level of reliability.

I don't, I just want a server where I can host a Scheme based website
if I wanted. It doesn't sound like admin'ing it is tough, but I am
lazy, I don't want to be a sysadmin unless I want to do business with
such a site.

"Entry level" servers for a hobby site are so cheap these days: you
can get a dual core PentiumD 3ghz with 3gb of ram and fast disks for
USD600 from Dell!

I guess the real cost is electricity and admin'ing it (assuming you've
got broadband anyway).

Posted on the users mailing list.