[plt-scheme] Parentheses and color

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Tue Jul 3 19:34:27 EDT 2007

On Jul  4, Jean-Pierre Lozi wrote:
> > It doesn't provide any useful information.  Looks like the
> > intention is to make it easy to match parenthesis by color, but
> > when there are as many as you have in Scheme code it becomes just
> > noise.
>
> I think it does. Having to use the mouse to see which parenthesis
> closes which can be a real pain, especially when you have so many of
> them.

One of the first rules of hacking (IMO) is "get to know your
keyboard".  Leave the mouse for end users...

But that's beside the point -- if you need colors to know where the
parens match, then something is wrong.  Having consistent indentation
means that you don't even need to look at the parenthesis.  (I think
that I could manage with all my parens being invisible.)