[plt-scheme] SQLite

From: Gregory Woodhouse (gregory.woodhouse at sbcglobal.net)
Date: Tue Jan 30 10:10:11 EST 2007

On Jan 30, 2007, at 1:37 AM, Hans Oesterholt-Dijkema wrote:

> There must be something like ldconfig (like linux uses)
> for MacOS X. Otherwise, the OS itself would have to hardwire
> stuff and if I remember well, MacOSX is a derivative of
> (free)bsd?
>
> If there's an ldconfig, there must also be some /etc/ldconfig.*
> file.
>
> Maybe a MacOSX developer can help?
>
> --Hans

There is no configuration file. The salient section of the man page
for dlopen is

SEARCHING
      dlopen() uses a series of steps to find a compatible mach-o
file.  The
      first compatible file found is used.

      1) If the directory specified by path does not contain a slash
'/' (i.e.
      it is a leaf name) then the environment variable
LD_LIBRARY_PATH is used.
      LD_LIBRARY_PATH should be a colon seperated list of directories.
      dlopen() searches each directory, in the order specified, for
the leaf
      name path.

      2) If DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH is set, then those directories are
searched, in
      order, with the leaf name of path.

      3) If DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH is set, then those directories
are
      searched, in order with the leaf name of path.  If DYLD_FALL-
      BACK_LIBRARY_PATH is not set, then the following directories are
      searched: $HOME/lib, /usr/local/lib, /usr/lib

      4) Lastly, path is tried as-is as a regular file path.  That
means it
      might resolve relative to the current working directory.

      Note: There are no configuration files to control dlopen
searching.

      Note: Mac OS X uses "fat" files to combine 32-bit and 64-bit
libraries.
      This means there are no separate 32-bit and 64-bit search paths.

The details on libraries and frameworks are in dyld(3), but I think
you want to follow the above rules.

Gregory Woodhouse
gregory.woodhouse at sbcglobal.net

"If everything seems under control,