[plt-scheme] raise error

From: Rainer Gross (rainer_gross at gmx.net)
Date: Mon Jan 29 21:08:55 EST 2007

Thanx 4 the answer but I can't use the suggested function ...

Since I am interested in raising error messages for the end user I
don't have any symbol to inform. Therefore the (error src-symbol
format-string v ···) definition is not useful in my case. But yes I
want to have the format string like behavior of this function or even
better the java like "hello" + a + "world".

In PLT MzScheme Language Manual section 6.2 Errors it is the second
form I am using:

It says:
(error msg-string v ···) creates a message string by concatenating
msg-string with string versions of the vs (as produced by the current
error value conversion handler; see section 7.9.1.7). A space is
inserted before each v.

The write + exn-message is only to demonstrate the result. The error
may be attended in different ways.

I would like something like string-append but that is aware of type
and inserts the extra blanks as offered by (error msg-string v ...)
as indicated by the documentation.

Rainer