[plt-scheme] SQLite

From: Geoffrey S. Knauth (geoff at knauth.org)
Date: Sun Jan 28 15:46:54 EST 2007

(google "sqlite osx")
=>
"http://developer.apple.com/documentation/MacOSX/Conceptual/
OSX_Technology_Overview/AppTechnology/chapter_5_section_20.html"
"http://tinyurl.com/bvb58"

which says:  "The SQLite library is located at /usr/lib/
libsqlite3.dylib and the sqlite3.h header file is in /usr/include."

On my OS X 10.4.8 system, in /usr/lib/ I see:
lrwxr-xr-x root wheel     18 May  4  2005 libsqlite3.0.8.6.dylib ->
libsqlite3.0.dylib
-rwxr-xr-x root wheel 284508 Oct  1 08:12 libsqlite3.0.dylib
lrwxr-xr-x root wheel     18 May  4  2005 libsqlite3.dylib ->
libsqlite3.0.dylib

Geoffrey
--
Geoffrey S. Knauth | http://knauth.org/gsk

On Jan 28, 2007, at 14:11, Eli Barzilay wrote:
> On Jan 26, Jens Axel Søgaard wrote:
>> Noel Welsh skrev:
>>> http://planet.plt-scheme.org/300/#sqlite.plt
>>>
>>> OS X has SQLite preinstalled, so sqlite.plt should just
>>> work out of the box (it uses foreign.ss, so no C code).  If
>>> it doesn't you might need to edit the location in which
>>> sqlite.plt looks for the shared library file.  Can't
>>> remember offhand which file it is, but there aren't many to
>>> check.
>>
>> It would be better to figure out the OS X search path for
>> shared libraries and place the .so-file where it can be found.
>> Then share the path with the rest of us.
>
> I posted some question on an OSX newsgroup, and AFAICT, there is no
> standard OSX mechanism for finding libraries (.dylib on OSX).  Some
> libraries that come with the OS (like GL) are known to be in some
> fixed place.  If anyone knows of some search strategy, I'll be happy
> to hear about it.

Posted on the users mailing list.