[plt-scheme] Updating PLaneT distributed tools: any conflicts?

From: Danny Yoo (dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 22 14:07:22 EST 2007

Hi everyone,

I'm planning to make a point release of DivaScheme to push another few bug
fixes we've made recently.  (As well as a feature to cooperate with
DrScheme's automatic open-paren fixup thing.  Hurrah!)

One thing I was wondering, though: how does DrScheme choose which version
of a PLaneT-distributed tool to load?

Assuming that there are several versions of that tool already installed in
the local cache, does DrScheme always go for the highest version for each
tool, or does it instead choose the one most-recently configured by
setup-plt?

I'm concerned that for people who already have DivaScheme (PLaneT package
1.0) release installed, the presence of that old version might interfere
with any new releases.  Regardless, it should be easy to address:  I can
just write a quick uninstaller program that tells PLaneT to wipe older
versions of DivaScheme.  Still, I'm curious what the official policy of
this is.

Thanks!

Posted on the users mailing list.