[plt-scheme] Tree fold Was: Request for comments on possible planet functions

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jan 19 19:59:43 EST 2007

--- Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:

> (And this version is still better than the one that uses
> tree-fold,
> which shows why creating a fold-er function is not
> completely
> mechanical, since you need to choose which kind of fold
> you want...)

I like Oleg's foldts as a general purpose fold for trees.
See

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.functional/browse_thread/thread/1153736c1635e2de?hl=en&safe=off&ic=1

or

http://lambda-the-ultimate.org/classic/message1595.html

Can anyone suggest papers that discuss these issues?  I
don't know a good summary, but it could be that I just need
to reread the literature; the papers linked above are some
of the 1st I read when learning about FP, so likely more
would sink in this time around.

N.

AIM: noelhwelsh
Blogs: http://monospaced.blogspot.com/  http://www.untyped.com/untyping/