[plt-scheme] automarking again

From: Prabhakar Ragde (plragde at uwaterloo.ca)
Date: Fri Jan 12 23:08:30 EST 2007

Eli Barzilay wrote:

> Did you consider using the handin server & client?  Besides the
> submission thing, it can test and reject if tests fail, or show
> warnings, or record test results.

It's still overkill for me. We have a working electronic submission
system which my academic support staff understand. To use the handin
server and client, I'd have to get students to install the plugin, run
the PLT Web server, and most importantly, understand how it all works so
I can configure it, adapt it to our peculiar local customs, and fix
anything that goes wrong. Right now I have ways of getting student code
into individual directories, one for each student, containing assignment
directories and individual questions within them. I just need to run
their code, with my tests, in the appropriate language level, and record
the output.

I've been looking at your utils.ss but I can only dimly understand bits
of what it is doing. Threads seem to be involved, and namespaces, both
of which I know very little about.

I think I will try to wrap student code in a module declaration with
requires to get me access to I/O. I thought I could build a sequence of
arguments to mzscheme but it appears not. --PR

Posted on the users mailing list.