[plt-scheme] Re: 359.3 -   in documentation

From: Kyle Smith (airfoil at bellsouth.net)
Date: Mon Jan 8 12:39:22 EST 2007

Matthew Jadud wrote:
> Hi Kyle,
>
> Your best resource for SVN is
>
> http://svnbook.red-bean.com/
>
> As to "staying current automatically," I don't think you can do that
> short of via a script. But I don't think you need to, really. After
> doing the checkout (HOWTO on the PLT SVN page), you just need to
>
> > cd [plt directory]
> > svn up
>
> before building the most recent release. Updating a Subversion
> repository isn't that hard, so automating that process might be overkill.
>
> Beyond that, Robby pointed you to their SVN repository page, which is
> about all a developer should be expected to provide. The PLT
> repository doesn't really behave any differently than any other SVN
> repository I've encountered. All the rest of the documentation you
> might need is in the on-line SVN book.
>
> Hope that helps,
> Matt
>
> Kyle Smith wrote:

Thanks Matthew,

I'll check out the red-bean resource you provided.  Having never used svn before, maybe I'm more trepidatious than the problem warrants; but better safe than sorry I suppose.  I'm just trying  to make sure I don't  mess up my development environment because of some silly mistake.

Thanks again,

--kyle

Kyle Smith
airfoil at bellsouth dot net