[plt-scheme] (clarification) Looking for Psychology lab applications

From: Geoffrey S. Knauth (geoff at knauth.org)
Date: Thu Jan 4 13:18:54 EST 2007

Fifteen years ago I wrote some sound routines on a NeXT computer to
help world-class rowers visualize a race the day before it was
supposed to happen, mostly by getting them used to the cadence that
would be required over 2000m, which changes from the start, to the
settle, strategically placed power tens and twenties, and a final
sprint.  The racers said listening to the simulation caused them to
break out in a cold sweat.

Geoffrey
--
Geoffrey S. Knauth | http://knauth.org/gsk

On Jan 4, 2007, at 13:00, Wayne Iba wrote:

> To clarify: I am wondering about functions that perhaps would let
> me provide frequency, volume, and duration arguments and would play
> a simple tone (at the given frequency, etc).
>
> Just now I was successful at installing the sound teachpack
> identified for v.205 but it worked on 360 (under linux).  But as
> far as I can tell, it is designed to play pre-recorded sound
> files.  (At any rate, sound "can" work on linux.)
>
> The larger context for my query would be a lab setting where a
> human subject is waiting for a stimulus (e.g. listening for a
> certain tone) and then presses a certain key upon detection of a
> particular stimulus.  The software controls timing of stimuli and
> records reaction time, etc.
>
> Hope that clarifies some.  Thanks.
> --Wayne

Posted on the users mailing list.