[plt-scheme] Libcrypto version distributed with DrScheme

From: Jens Axel Søgaard (jensaxel at soegaard.net)
Date: Thu Feb 15 17:06:57 EST 2007

Matthew Flatt skrev:
> At Thu, 15 Feb 2007 15:43:49 -0500, Eli Barzilay wrote:
>> On Feb 15, Jens Axel Søgaard wrote:
>>> So I am wondering, what version of libcrypto is distributed?
>
> I think it's 0.9.7i, but I'm not certain.
>
>> (I've put DLLs that Matthew gave me there, he'll probably know if it's
>> safe to put the recent ones now.)
>
> Upgrading is definitely ok.

I mailed the OpenSLL User list to find a place to download
new binaries. Their normal download page is source only.

The reason I'd like an upgrade is that EVP_CIPHER_CTX_new were
added in 0.9.8d. Before that release you were supposed to
write

   EVP_CIPHER_CTX ctx;

to allocate a new cipher context (or use sizeof(EVP_CIPHER_CTX)).

The function EVP_CIPHER_CTX_new allocates and initializes, so
it takes care of the problem.

So far I have just allocated a large array, that I guess
is big enough on all platforms.

--
Jens Axel Søgaard