[plt-scheme] comprehensive list of PLT Scheme functions (DrScheme big)

From: Jan Theodore Galkowski (jtgalkowski at alum.mit.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 14 18:08:29 EST 2007

Thanks to Matthias, Jacob, Bill, and Robby for your replies.

Yes, the return from namespace-mapped-symbols is pretty big.  It would
be nice to have that list integrated in Help and perhaps categorized and
alphabetized. The dwell with cursor and F1 is a fine way to get to
something specific IMO.

 - Jan

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 17:50:13 -0500, "Matthias Felleisen"
<matthias at ccs.neu.edu> said:
> It sounds like we should provide this simple service automatically.
> This isn't the first time we have seen this question. -- Matthias
>

> On Feb 14, 2007, at 5:28 PM, Jacob Matthews wrote:
>
> > I don't believe that there's any documentation that's ordered that
> > way, but there is a hack you can use to get roughly what you want:
> > in most language levels other than the teaching levels, the
> > expression
> >
> >   (namespace-mapped-symbols)
> >
> > evaluates to a list of symbols containing every defined name,
> > including built-in functions and built-in syntax (as well as
> > anything you've defined and a whole bunch of undocumented, esoteric
> > stuff that you won't care about). If you evaluate this expression in
> > the DrScheme REPL, you can look at the result, and if you want to
> > know more about any item you can put your cursor on that item and
> > hit F1. That will open up Help Desk and search the documentation for
> > whatever the cursor's on.
> >
> > -jacob
> >

> > On 2/14/07, Jan Theodore Galkowski <jtgalkowski at alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Is there a comprehensive list of PLT Scheme functions available
> >> anywhere? I am looking for one akin to MIT/GNU Scheme's
> >>
> >>   http://www.swiss.ai.mit.edu/projects/scheme/documentation/
> >>   scheme_toc.html#SEC_Contents
> >>
> >> I know, of course, about "PLT MzScheme: Language Manual", but that
> >> seems to assume a baseline of some standard Scheme implementation
> >> and talks about extensions and differences.  These are fine, but I
> >> wondered if there was One Stop Shopping anywhere.
> >>
> >> It's a little tedious having to use MIT Scheme's reference, only to
> >> find something (e.g., "fix:*") not in DrScheme, and then check the
> >> MzScheme manual for things MIT Scheme doesn't have.
> >>
> >> Thanks much.

[snip]

Posted on the users mailing list.