[plt-scheme] serializable continuations

From: Maarten Koopmans (maarten at vrijheid.net)
Date: Fri Feb 9 15:29:51 EST 2007

> Longer version: here's how to do it (link to the paper Matthias aluded to):
>
> http://www.cs.brown.edu/~sk/Publications/Papers/Published/pcmkf-cont-from-gen-stack-insp/

OK, I have been trying to wrap my mind around it. Trying... I am missing
theoretical background (once upon a time educated as a physicist,
different math).

What I get from the paper is that you can install continuation marks
(marks on the stack) and that you can jump to them; the same model works
with exceptions. In both cases the marks provide closures (either
implemented as object or...)

What I don't "get" is how that gets me to continuations, or in the case
of MzScheme, serializable continuations. Do the continuation marks in
MzScheme give me acces to the stack or should I reimplement a
call/cc-like function myself. I suspect the latter, but am afraid that
I'm clueless wrt "how to".

Anyway, it's fun learning so far :-)

--Maarten

Posted on the users mailing list.