[plt-scheme] Message digests: md5, sha1, etc.

From: Richard Cobbe (cobbe at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 7 10:44:12 EST 2007

On Wed, Feb 07, 2007 at 05:47:10AM -0500, Geoffrey S. Knauth wrote:
> I was going to try Derick Eddington's fix, then I saw Richard Cobbe's
> message.  Then I checked what my libcrypto setup.  I don't the
> libname.so.x symlinks, just libname.so ones.

I wouldn't have expected that, but I don't know enough about Ubuntu to
claim that that's wrong.  (I'd be interested to know what
libcrypto.so.0.9.8 thinks its soname is -- I think there's a command-line
utility to print out the soname of a shared library, but I don't remember
what it is, and I don't have access to a Linux machine to hunt for it.)

In any case, based on your message up-thread, you've got a different
problem.  The file exists, but the FFI isn't looking for it in the right
place.  Not sure what's going on there, but you might look at the manpage
for dlopen(), since I'm pretty sure that's what the FFI uses to load the
.so under the hood.  Where does it look for libraries when it's not given
an absolute path?

Richard

Posted on the users mailing list.