[plt-scheme] Pruning advice on "in place" PLT builds

From: Grant Rettke (grettke at acm.org)
Date: Sun Dec 30 12:35:14 EST 2007

Hi folks,

I want to prepare an "in place" Linux build so that the result can be
unpacked and run from any location.

My question is, after preparing the in place build (configure ... ;
make ; make install), what should/could I prune/delete in that
directory tree such that the structure would only contain what is
required? I imagine pruning step is equivalent to what would result
from doing a prefix build. From reading the readme, it sounds like the
only thing that can be pruned is "plt/src".

I am doing this with a Subversion export; so this could this be
considered an "in-place install without Subversion" per the readme
file?

The readme also talks about doing an in-place build, but not inside of
the source tree. How does one go about doing something like this?

Another question is how to do

Best wishes,

Grant Rettke

--