[plt-scheme] drscheme & olpc

From: Grant Rettke (grettke at acm.org)
Date: Sun Dec 30 01:45:51 EST 2007

On Dec 29, 2007 11:00 PM, Geoff Knauth <geoff at knauth.org> wrote:
> Grant Rettke built a v372 image that works great on my son's XO.  I'll
> let Grant fill in the details.

Hi guys I've got some questions for you folks.

Today I installed Ubuntu 6.06.1 for i386 along with gcc 4.0.3 and
followed the direction to build the PLT programs. In particular I
passed these configuration arguments:

--prefix=/opt/plt --disable-gl --disable-shared --disable-cairo --disable-xft

figuring that would be the most likely combination to get it working
out of the box.

When I run DrScheme on the XO I found that it starts and stops
correctly, handles repl commands correctly, and runs small-ish
programs from the editor correctly.

One place that does not appear to be working right is the font size of
the editor and the repl. When I go to preferences and change the font
size, the font size does not change. Syntax highlighting colors,
though, work fine. If I click on the "Font Name" drop down, the app
locks up.

The only other thing I found was that the whole machine nearly hangs
when I try running 15 or so unit test suites for project euler
problems. That is probably due to I/O, though.

Any ideas about what I am doing wrong regarding the font size?

Best wishes,

Grant

--
"Wisdom begins in wonder!"