[plt-scheme] Commercial hosting of the PLT Web Server

From: Evgeny Roubinchtein (zhenya at freeshell.org)
Date: Tue Dec 25 04:26:05 EST 2007

Turbogears has a few links to hosting options. Presumably the ones that let
you compile your own version of Python would also let you compile your own
DrScheme, though you'd probably have to fetch some headers and libraries
that aren't installed by default: http://docs.turbogears.org/1.0/Hosting.
Might be worth contacting a few of the companies's customer service/tech
support folks, and seeing what kind of replies you get.  WestHost sounds
marginally promising just from browsing their web site.

You don't indicate whether you've considered this option, but for $20/month,
you could get a Virtual Private Server with enough disk space to install a
Linux distribution or BSD flavor of your choice, and the install a PLT Web
Server on that.  Slicehost.com and Linode.com are two companies that offer
such service.  There are others, I am sure.  You'd have to do some system
admin stuff...

I understand, the people at Untyped.com have been using PLT Web server in
the real world, so you might find helpful things on their web site.

I suspect no one has written a completely hand-holding tutorial on setting
up a PLT Web server.  I also suspect that if you run into trouble, you'll
get quick turnaround time on this list after, say, copying-and-pasting the
tail of your failed compilation attempt.

Well, I hope at least some of this is helpful.

--
Evgeny